CORE™ Foundation Course
This course introduces important concepts of athletic conditioning and performance training and emphasis is placed on utilizing 11 Foundational Principles when training athletes. The principles cover alignment and biomechanics for the major joints involved in athletic performance as well as understanding how to train the three classifications of muscles for optimal performance. In addition, components of athletic conditioning are overviewed including resistance training methods, plyometric training, balance training, and speed & agility training. Performance training concepts such as periodization are also introduced.
What you will learn:
- The process of improving various general components of fitness through a well-designed athletic conditioning program in order to enhance athletic performance.
- The components of the CORE™ program including strength, flexibility, dynamic stabilization, speed, agility, power, and endurance.
- The process of improving specific components of a sport or activity through various means of performance training.
- The importance of having a comprehensive understanding of the sport involved including the physical, energy and biomechanical demands as well as the performance schedule.
- Two workouts; a 45-minute Muscular Endurance Interval Training Workout and a 45-minute Interval Training Workout focusing on Strength, Power and Balance.
Requirements of Qualification:
This course is intended for those already working in the fields of fitness or movement (personal training and/or strength conditioning experience) however, all those interested in this material are encouraged to participate.
Continuing Education Credits Education Material
A complete set of notes is provided to students on the first day of the program. These are included with the course fee and cannot be purchased separately.
There are no exams for the CORE™ Athletic Conditioning & Performance Training™ Program.
Core Foundation Course will be €320.-
Course Time and Date
Sunday April 26th 2020 POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-!9 !!
10 am - 6 pm (including one hour break)