STOTT PILATES® Intensive Mat Plus
Summary of Course Content
The STOTT PILATES® Intensive Mat-Plus™ (IMP) provides you with the solid foundation and skills you need to develop effective and motivating group and individual training programs. This course teaches you to design and teach the Level 1 (essential and intermediate) Matwork repertoire, integrating small equipment to add variety and meet the specific needs of your clients.
- How to apply STOTT PILATES® biomechanical principles of core stability, breathing and alignment to all exercises.
- A complete breakdown of each exercise.
- Exercise goals, muscular initiation and movement sequencing.
- Modifications to increase or decrease exercise intensity.
- Modifications for specific body types and postural issues.
- How to recognise optimal and less than optimal movement patterns
- A variety of programming options to keep clients motivated.
- Effective communication, verbal cues and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation.
- Workout composition for personal and group training.
- Flex-band®, Fitness Circle® and Arc Barrel™ workouts
- 63 exercises plus multiple modifications
Allocation of Hours
- 40 hours instruction and supervised teaching (supervised course hours)
- 10 hours observation of other instructors (observations outside class time)
- 30 hours physical review (performing the exercises outside class time)
- 15 hours practice teaching (outside class time)
- Total – 95 hours
Multiple choice written exam
Practical assessment consisting of teaching a full workout for approximately 60 minutes to one individual
80% to obtain a pass grade in both written and practical exam.
For up to date information please read the exam FAQ : https://merrithew.com/instructor-training/exams-faq .
- Working knowledge of functional anatomy , and prior participation in an anatomy course that covers in detail the human musculoskeletal system, and includes muscle attachments, actions and basic biomechanics. Acceptable courses include the STOTT PILATES Functional Anatomy course or a university or college level anatomy or physiology course.(minimum 20-25 hours of in-class instruction). Online courses may be accepted provided that they amount to a minimum 20-25 hours of learning and include homework assignments, tests and/or a final examination.
- Minimum 30 hours participation in Pilates classes/workouts. (working out to the Essential STOTT PILATES Matwork DVD can contribute to some of these hours)
- Recommended: Three years teaching movement or fitness ,or more. Applicants with a strong history of Pilates participation and/or experience instructing students/clients in another filed may also be considered. https://merrithew.com/stott-pilates/instructor-training/courses/internsive-program
NB - Students must attend all of the course tuition time. If a student due to unforeseen circumstances is forced to miss course tuition time then approximately half of the missed tuition time must be made up with the Instructor Trainer outside normal course hours. This extra tuition will be at the expense of the student involved. Under no circumstances is it possible to transfer a booked place from one course to a subsequent course.
Students are expected to complete six hours of continuing education when qualified and these workshops are provided in a variety of aspects such as pre and post natal, back care and small equipment specialisation etc.
The total cost of the course is €1250,- ( an additional exam fee of €300,- to be paid at a later stage when booking the exam date) If you wish to book a place on this course, please complete the application form and return with a deposit of €650.-*
Application forms can be requested by e-mailing email@example.com
The fee covers the following:
- Tuition: € 1000.-
- Course materials: €250.-
- Exam fee : €300.- , to be paid at time of booking of the examdate, within 6 months of completing the course
*Students should be aware that the deposit is strictly non-refundable unless the course has been cancelled by Complete Body Movement.
UPCOMING COURSE DATES:
2019: FEBRUARY 8/9/10-23/24 & MARCH 1/2/3
2019: MAY 17/18/19/-25/26 & JUNE 7/8/9
2019: JUNE 14/15/16-28/29/30 & JULY 6/7
Content © Merrithew Corporation, used with permission.
Photography © Merrithew Corporation, used with permission.
™/® Trademark or Registered Trademark of Merrithew Corporation, used under license.
Book This Course Online
|Course date||Location||Deposit||Total Price||Book now|
|2019: May17/18/19-25/26 & june 7/8/9||The Pavilion Pilates Studio, Dublin 4||650||Book with Paypal|
|JUNE 14/15/16-28/29/30-JULY 6/7||The Pavilion Pilates Studio, Dublin 4||650||Book with Paypal|
|2019:Sept 27/28/28 & Oct 11/12/13-27/28||The Pavilion Pilates Studio, Dublin 4||650||Book with Paypal|