STOTT PILATES Intensive Mat Plus
Summary of Course Content
The Intensive Mat Course (IMP) provides you with the solid foundation and skills you need to develop effective and motivating group and individual training programs. This course teaches you to design and teach the Level 1 (essential and intermediate) Matwork repertoire, integrating small equipment to add variety and meet the specific needs of your clients.
- How to apply STOTT PILATES ® biomechanical principles of core stability, breathing and alignment to all exercises.
- A complete breakdown of each exercise.
- Exercise goals, muscular initiation and movement sequencing.
- Modifications to increase or decrease exercise intensity.
- Modifications for specific body types and postural issues.
- How to recognise optimal and less than optimal movement patterns
- A variety of programming options to keep clients motivated.
- Effective communication, verbal cues and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation.
- Workout composition for personal and group training.
- Flex-band, Fitness Circle and Arc Barrel workouts
- 63 exercises plus multiple modifications
Allocation of Hours
- 40 hours instruction and supervised teaching (supervised course hours)
- 10 hours observation of other instructors (observations outside class time)
- 30 hours physical review (performing the exercises outside class time)
- 15 hours practice teaching (outside class time)
- Total – 95 hours
Multiple choice written
Practical assessment consisting of teaching a full workout for 60 minutes to one individual
80% to obtain a pass grade in both written and practical
- This course is suitable for health, fitness or therapy professionals and assumes a knowledge of anatomy.
- Exposure to pilates classes/participation (30 hours)
(Working out with the DVD which you would get on signing up for the course can count towards this)
NB - Students must attend all of the course tuition time. If a student due to unforeseen circumstances is forced to miss course tuition time then approximately half of the missed tuition time must be made up with the Instructor Trainer outside normal course hours. This extra tuition will be at the expense of the student involved. Under no circumstances is it possible to transfer a booked place from one course to a subsequent course.
Students are expected to complete six hours of continuing education when qualified and these workshops are provided in a variety of aspects such as pre and post natal, back care and small equipment specialisation etc.
The total cost of the course is €1550. If you wish to book a place on this course, please complete the application form and return with a deposit of €600.
Application form can be requested by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The fee covers the following:
- Tuition: € 1000
- Exam fee: € 300
- Course Materials: € 250
Please Note: The July Intensive Mat Course is now full and we are no longer taking bookings.
Book This Course Online
|Course date||Location||Deposit||Book now|
|Sep 20/21/22/28/29 & Oct 11/12/13||The Pavilion Pilates Studio, Dublin 4||600||Book with Paypal|